These are the books that have entertained and inspired me through the years. They have taken me on wondrous adventures and provided me with new insight.
1. Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking Glass expands one's imagination as you journey out into a fantastical world filled with uncanny characters and a whimsical world. If you crave adventure, this one is for you.
2. Horror fanatics will love Mary Shelly's Frankenstein. There's enough terror and suspense to keep you on the edge of your seats.
3. Bram Stoker's Dracula is a gothic classic that supplies an endless amount of horror and mystery. Dracula is blood curdling and is a real page turner.
4. Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling is a beautifully written book. One can see why Kipling is the youngest recipient of a Nobel Prize in literature at the age of 41.
5. If you're in the mood for some real swashbuckling fun, then consider reading Alexander Dumas' The Count of Monte Cristo. You are sure in for a treat.
6. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald is one of the greatest love stories ever to be written. You will fall in love with Gatsby's charming personality.
7. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy is an epic love story with a very tragic ending.
8. Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre Is brilliantly written and has one of the most captivating heroines of all time.
9. A tale of forbidden love and betrayal is what you will find in Gustave Flaubert's Madame Bovary.
10. For the sci-fi fan, George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four will make you feel trapped in a dystopian society. It is a thrilling adventure when the lead character tries to find a way to escape.
“War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.”
George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four